Thursday 3 January 2019

7 x 7 and Reflection 1


Reflection
Ive chose this first image to reflect on where my practice is currently at. Im currently getting my hands into a range of editorial breifs as working in this field is something that I would like to do after university, so getting a portfolio together with this type of work will benefit me after graduating.

 For my first brief of the module I chose a couple of articles that interested me. The first one I decided to work on was "the age of loneliness is killing us". it interested me because of how bizarre it first seemed, when in fact after analysing an unpicking the article, social isolation is "as potent a cause of early death as smoking 15 cigarettes a day" - as to where my idea for the imagery came from. I wanted my response to visually respond to elements of this article whilst kinda playing with visual metaphors as that is what I experimented with in COP. I think using visual metaphors helps develop the way I think about things and is good for helping explain context in an alternative way. 
I'm pleased with the outcome of this image, I think its clever and looks professional. Ive definitely been strengthening my skills within Illustrator as I have become much faster at using it. I think my process is still similar to COP, Im using my sketchbook to draw initial designs to then digitally manipulate them through Photoshop and Illustrator. I think its a good way for working for me as I'm always eager to see my sketched finalised so that they can look really lean and neat. I do plan to experiment more with different mediums and I'd like to start adding more texture and depth to my designs so this will be my next step to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment