Friday 3 February 2017

I See Faces: Songs


Mind - Maps.

I decided to make little mind maps in order to get some ideas on what I thought the songs represented. Some where really easy and others came across a little difficult.







Burial - Homeless
  • Really up beat,  genuinely really liked this song,  had really magical vibes - like witches and wizards or maybe aliens and outer space. I think this piece of music was really powerful and at the moment this is my fav.
J Dilla - Fuck The Police
  • Was so shocked at how different this sounds without the lyrics!! it really doesn't match the title without any words!! - it turns into this medieval sounding piece of music, it reminded me of dancing jesters and castles and stuff as soon as the flute kicked in. I wasn't too keen on this song,  it had a really consistent rhythm unlike the other two, it just sounded really boring but I think I might still create one or too characters just to see what comes out of it.
Hookwork - Retreat
  • Full of energy, really powerful, racing rythm. For some reason cool old guys with really long beards kept popping up, I think it reminds me of biker gangs - but not really nasty ones, the cool nice ones. I think it has a cool  80's 90's vibe but then at some point it would remind me of busy cities and shouting and then it would remind me of cowboys and then rocky gals with ripped fishnets?? really varied ideas would pop up through out. I think Burial - Homeless is more consistent.

Overall thoughts.

At the moment I really like Burial - homeless, I think I have some really nice ideas for it, I'm thinking spacey/magical/witchy characters at the moment but for the time being I'm just going to see where my sketches lead - I think a good idea is to just bash out some drawings whilst listening to my chosen song.





No comments:

Post a Comment