Friday 24 March 2017

Not just Furniture

Collaging with the film aspect.

I need to keep reminding myself that its not just about the furniture, I just cant help myself I love drawing the funky basic shapes - I dont know what it is but I just have a lot of fun creating them!

Anyway I know that Film was a very succsesful aspect of Ray and Charles' Life so I carried on with collage and the puzzle like composition because I think that worked really well to create similar designs but with TV's.





I'm happy with the outcome they're aesthetically pleasing but I do prefer the chair designs just because they aren't as representative - the TV's without a doubt look like what they're supposed to be, the chairs are a little bit hidden in terms of meaning which I really like.

maybe to expand from this I could do something with the actual films they produced in terms of the 7 screens - I could collage and make images based on the 7 screens. maybe 7 little collages in the layout of how the screns where (sort of grid like).


Overall thoughts and next steps
  • I think the 7 screens thing is a really good idea maybe work towards that next.
  • I want to start merging things together e.g not just have a piece based on chairs or film.
  • maybe incorporate aspects of ray and charles? I know thats not the ppoint of the project but I think it will benefit my work.
  • I'm loving the papercut and collage but I feel like I'm being a bit of a perfectionist - I like finsihing things.
  • more roughs!!! just get down whatever comes to mind, try not to finish things off.
  • I'm heading in a really good direction, I'm managing to find time to get work done and it really does show.


No comments:

Post a Comment