Saturday 25 March 2017

Really Starting to appreciate shape

Less is more????

I never thought I would actually see myself writing a post like this but I'm genuinely glad to say that I am finally starting to appreciate shape and I have seen myself using it a lot in my work recently. I'm only shocked due to the fact that my work at the beginning of the year was so detailed and now I have really seen my work chanage and develop a completely different tone of voice, secretly I think Matt has converted me...


I think the use of shape has been most successful in this image I have created (which I'm extreamly proud of). I think the chairs are so basic - and it's made me realise that literally you dont need to have something so detailed and intricate to represent infomation, literally the chairs could pass as a butternut squash  with legs because its so simple wait they really do look like little butternut squashes???????? but you hopefully will understand exactly what it is! Again with the figures, they consist of a small amount of shapes and work really effectively along side the basic colour palette

This is something I'm really looking forward to develop and continue working with, Ive always been really worried that I'm not developing a style of working and I think its the first time that I feel as if this tone of voice fits with my way of working..is this becoming my way of working????

No comments:

Post a Comment