Saturday 25 March 2017

Starting to see a difference within my work

I've just had a quick flick through my sketchbook and I can ACTUALLY see succsessful development through out and I can see I difference between the beggining and the end of my book? I can see the importance of roughs and the importance of experimentation - I'm really happy about that - it was a bit of a "oh my god I can actually do it' moment definitely feels like a transformative moment?

Why is this? what makes my development clearer this time? How can I make sure to do this EVERY time?

  • I think my ideas and roughs are successful this time round.
  • this time I've just bashed out roughs
  • Every time Ive thought of something i've just gone and done it, then done it again, then expanaded on it, then changed it.
  • Before this brief I thought it was repetetive and pointless but now It's so crucial and beneficial!!!!
  • ike when I had the thought of including bodies and curves to represent the furniture (people to represent the furniture? what? it makes sense) and I just got out of bed at 2am and began to draw.
  • after that I found myself enjoying it and I think thats the most important part - if you dont like what you're doing its very rare that you're going to see improvements and success within the work!
  • I think I'll defo be able to involve this in future briefs as long as I remember the importance of roughs and how they literally can transform ideas and designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment